As other area leagues announce plans for their 2020 season, we here at Wyandotte County Sports Association would like to update you on our status in regards to operations for the 2020 summer season and related activities:
- Update on our operations amid COVID-19. While we would all benefit from some form of return to "normalcy", WYCO will continue to adhere to the Unified Government's guidance for re-opening for businesses. WYCO will not be allowed to resume organized team activities (practices and games) until the county enters the "Yellow Zone" of it's recovery plan. Currently there is no set date for this phase of the recovery plan, as it requires specific criteria to be met before we can move from the preceding zone. The yellow zone is the second phase of recovery after the stay-at-home order has been lifted, preceded by the red zone.
- Potential Season Start Date. At this time, WYCO does not plan on playing any games before June 15th. Practice fields will be made available once the county enters the "Yellow Zone" of it's re-opening plan. All dates are subject to change dependent on any county and/or state guidelines, directives and/or executive orders.
- Season Format and Length. We will be reaching out to all of our team managers over the next several days requesting input on the 2020 season. While the 2020 summer season will look different than any other season, we are still exploring options to provide the youth of our community the ability to play baseball and softball this summer.
- Player/ Spectator Safety Policies and Procedures. WYCO has developed an outline of policies and procedures in an attempt to provide the safest environment that we can for our community. These guidelines will be released prior to our facility re-opening for baseball and softball activity.
- Registration/ Team Assignment. Registration will remain open. Team assignments for players have been made where possible, due to the decrease of player registrations during the COVID-19 outbreak we have not been able to assign all players and may not be able to field teams in all of our divisions. Any player who we are not able to assign to a team will have their registration fees fully refunded.
- Refunds for Financial Hardship due to COVID-19. Requests for refunds due to financial hardship are currently being accepted, please e-mail email@example.com to begin the refund process (be sure to include your players full name and date of birth in the request). We will begin processing refunds on Monday, May 11th. Refund request may take up to 3 weeks to be processed.
- Community Safety is our Top Priority. The safety of our players, coaches, parents and community continues to be our top priority. WYCO will continue to abide by CDC, KDHE and local guidelines and recommendations.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding. Our community here in Wyandotte County has been greatly affected by the COVID-19 outbreak and as a result has been subject to more extensive restrictions than some of our neighboring communities. There is still a great deal of uncertainty regarding our return to operations here at the ballpark and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate through these unprecedented times.
Stay SAFE today so we can all be SAFE tomorrow!